The Student News Publication of Franklin High School

The Buzz

The Buzz

The Buzz

FHS Football Ends Season 2-8

Franklin’s High School football team wrapped up the 2023 season with eight losses and two wins. Chavez High School forfeited to FHS, and the Yellowjackets beat Burbank High School 26-13.

FHS has a 0.20% win rate and placed 7th in the league and 893rd in California state rankings. Their four-loss streak at the end of the season included the Yellowjackets’ worst loss against Linden High School (7-57).

Franklin had 100 points this season while points conceded were 373. Franklin’s most-watched game this season was FHS vs. Weston Ranch with the video getting 2.2k views on the Franklin page and the score being 6-49, Franklin losing.

Joshua Novoa (11), a varsity Franklin football player, said he enjoyed this season. He said the team is going to work and train harder for next season and that he thinks they could have done a bit better if they had more coaching staff for the offensive and defensive line.

Athletic Director John Bava said he’s getting ready for the athletes to get in the weight room and do more agility drills for the players to be prepared. He also said that he enjoyed the season and watching the players play and give it their all.

Bava said that he thought that the team would have ended the season with more wins and that the players needed to put more effort into what they are doing every time the ball is snapped.